I am available for workshops and talks at events such as festivals, commercial events, astronomical societies, outreach events, schools, colleges, universities and charitable events. Cost available on request , please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. I will supply my own laptops, projector and telescope equipment as and where required.
I am DBS registered therefore allowed to work within establishments where children are present.
Certification can be supplied on request and is strictly confidential.
I have given many talks and undertaken many workshops, here are some of the people I have been booked by in the past, please ask them if they were satisfied with my work.
Recent talks & workshops include, The Lord Mayor’s Livery Banquette Mansion House London, Herstmonceux Observatory, many Astronomical Societies across The UK and Ireland, BBC Radio Shropshire, Whittington Castle (Open Days) Elan Valley Visitors Centre and Astronomers, Skellig Star Party Ireland, Oswestry Beavers, Altrincham & District Astronomical Society, High Lee Community Observatory, The North West AstroFest Runcorn, Cardingmill Valley National Trust centre, many Primary , secondary Schools, Cardiff University and many more establishments over the years.
Please see contact information for other methods of contacting me.
GENERAL TALKS CONTENT – all talks 60 minutes unless otherwise stated
- The Nature of Nightscape Photography – Nightscape photography techniques and night time nature. (2022)
- Space Probes to The Planets – Covering the latest missions to the planet. (2022)
- The Imaginary Universe – How children’s programs reflect space and astronomy ( 1950’s to present day) (2022)
- Moons of The Solar System.
- Whirlpools in Space – The Birr Telescope & Beyond ( Earl of Rosse to Hubble ).
- Herschel to Hawkwind, Astronomy & Music how each influence each other. (90 minutes)
- The Moon from Myth to Landings.
- The Moon Landings 12- 17 and beyond.
- The Sun & How it Works.
- Stars, Birth to Death (4 talk Series).
- Observing The Moon a Practical Guide. (2022).
- Pluto – Planet to Dwarf or Not. (2022)
SCHOOL WORKSHOPS & TALKS
- A general guide to astronomy.
- Using Remote Educational Observatories. ( Faulkes & NSO ).
- Deep Sky Imaging using remote Telescopes for Educational Access.
- A guide through the Solar System.
- A guide to The Stars.
- Guide to The Night Sky (Season’s and general guide).
- The Sun a Guide for Children (A children’s introduction to The Sun).